Sunday, August 25, 2013

An Introduction.

I decided to start this blog to deal with my ever-changing feelings after Tim's death. Even if Carly is the only person reading this, I feel better just being able to type out thoughts rather than holding them in, or shouting them at an unfortunate stander-by, or crying them in my bed at night.
First, the title of this blog is "Have The Day You Have", which is a movie quote that Tim and I would say to each other when I left for work for the day. It's from "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" and when the dad tells the son to "Have a good day" at school, the mom scolds him for saying that because having a good day is too much pressure. So he yells again at his son, "Have the day that you have". For some reason, we really loved that quote, and it soon became the norm to tell each other this instead of "Have a nice day".
I wanted to share with you what I shared at Tim's funeral, because I think it's a good start at summing up our life together. I'm sure I will be giving you an inside look at our happy life soon, by retracing our steps through this beautiful city, and making sure he lives on. Tim and I started and had an amazing and happy life here, and I want to continue this journey that we started together, and I hope you will join me.
     I know some of you haven't seen or spoken to Tim in awhile, or maybe you spoke to him from time to time, or maybe you spoke to him every week, but I wanted you to find comfort in the fact that Tim did not go through this alone, and that I loved him every single day. I made sure that every day he felt my hope, my strength, and my unconditional love.
We encouraged each other to live our lives together to the fullest, and we did more fun and amazing things together in 2 1/2 years than most people do in 10. We were always looking ahead, and even though some people might see cancer as a dark, stormy cloud hovering over them, we never let it rain down on us.
Tim was the strongest and most determined fighter that I knew, and even on his sickest days, when he would tell me that it could be easier to give up, I would remember what he wrote to me in a birthday card, "I could not have made it this far without you. Keep keeping me alive. I kind of like it here. I love you."
What I have learned from my love and life with Tim is to make every second count, don't wait to do the things that you want to do, don't wait to see the things that you want to see, and don't let fear get in the way of your life.
I love you Bear, and I always will.

This was the last picture taken of us together, and though it seems sad because of where we were, please know that whenever we were together, our hearts were full.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Jessica. I respect your love, your strength, your amazing self and your crafted word. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Know that you are in the heart and thoughts of many people.
    Love to you in California from me in Columbus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica~Thanks for sharing
    <3 Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Jess for writing this <3 You truly are an inspiration and I'm so happy to know you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep these blogs up. They are such a great way to heal and I know we enjoy/love to hear stories of the two of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing, just like you. Keep writing... you have a real gift xoxo

    ReplyDelete